Thursday, December 15, 2011

You may ask, "Why me?"

Everyone asks this question at least once in their lifetime.  Ya know, bad things happen.  But why to you?  Or why to me?  You may say, "Why is God punishing me?"

It's not that he is punishing you.  I believe that bad things happen as a trial, or a test.  God wants to know if you are strong enough to carry our his work.  Because sometimes His work can be hard.  He wants to see how you react, will you lean on what you know?  Or will you lean on him?  He knows what your reaction is going to be before anything happened.

God doesn't send bad things.  Sin and evil are what create the bad in the world.  In the beginning when Eve bit into that apple.  Sin entered the world to ravage it until the day that Jesus comes again.  We just have to pray for Gods hand to help us in our walk through this sinful world.  When you became a Christian, no one should have told you that things would be just dandy an nothing more would go wrong.  Many things do get better, and many things get more difficult.  But with God at you side, He helps you with those things that get harder.

Persecution for example:  If you were an atheist in China, I doubt that any of your rights and lawful practices would be condemned.  But if you were a Christian speaking freely to the masses of Christ the Lord, you could get punished for such a doing.  You have to take your chances for what is right.

It may seem at the time of your hardest trial, that you cannot stand up to it.  You may feel as though you have been defeated.  God NEVER gives you more than He knows you can handle.

"Why me?"  you may ask.  You, because you have been chosen for a special purpose.  You,  because evil is on earth.  You, because you can handle it.

3 comments:

  1. Jeremiah 29:11-14. Read it! VERY good verse that talks just about this!
    So true. I have gone through very painful times in my life. But I know that God has a plan in it! I know that He is there!!! RIGHT by my side! He doesn't make you go through hard times just to make you because He can, but He has a perfect plan for you in it all! It might be to make you stronger, to draw you closer to Himself, to show you what healing is, to give you understand so you can reach out to others who are going through the same thing. But what ever it is, God has a PERFECT plan for your life in it's hard times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! and Amen sister! I always try to remember Job when I am going through trials, because the first thing he did was praise the Lord! And also I try to remember that God is burning off the junk through the fire so I will be a better tool for Him to use. Amen sister, I am glad I stumbled upon your blog!

    ReplyDelete