Sunday, December 11, 2011

June 26, 1942 - March 15, 2004

Do you see those dates?  It most likely means nothing to you.  Neither does it mean a thing to me.  You look at the first date wich represents Birth, or the birth of a person.  The second date is what?  Yes, it is death.  But look in the middle.  What do you think that dash represents?  Life lived.

Take you birth into perspective.  You have that first date and a part of a dash.  But you don't know when you are going to die so you don't have that last date.  What are you going to do with your life?  Is that dash going to mean something to God? I want the "-" on my head stone to mean something to God :) 

Do you?

3 comments:

  1. Great post! It reminds me of a question my youth Pastor said last week. He said: "Now what if Jesus was sitting right next to you. Would He say 'Yeah, this is my daughter (or son) and she calls me her father.' Or would Jesus say 'She has not accepted me yet...' What are you to Him? Are you a follower? Or your not there yet?" He said.
    We really need to live our full lives for Jesus! That question has really been in my mind all week. I don't know why, but this post reminded me of the question :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was pretty thought provoking as well. I really gets me thinking about what I can do to further the kingdom of God. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! It makes me think of how much I can do for the Kingdom too!

    ReplyDelete