Friday, December 30, 2011

What are we living for?

What can you think of that we are living for?  What should we be living for?  Why?

I can think of countless things that I have lived for, other than Christ.  TV, Friends, grades, stuff...What about you?  How can we push this stuff aside and look to what really counts in our lives?  We have to be willing to lay down these things at the foot of the cross and say,  "Nothing matters but you, God.  I know that you will care for me."

I can see how TV and video games can become a great distraction, enough of  a distraction to pull us further away from Christ.  Set these things aside and do what is right.

We should be living for Christ in every aspect of our short lives.  Seeking Him and those who need Him.  We should be glorifying Him with our actions, and enjoying Him for who He is.

Why?  Because the Bible says that we should Glorify God and enjoy Him...I should have written the verse but I do not have a bible near by.

So, what ARE we living for?

No comments:

Post a Comment