Thursday, December 22, 2011

Compromise

What are you compromising today?  What have you compromised?  Can you stop compromising?  I have.  I've compromised in the way I work, yes, today.  I have compromised in prayer, clothes, and thought.  Yes, I can stop compromising.
Why have I compromised?  Because the world says it's ok and because I am comparing myself with others in the world.
Compromise is a slippery slope that can easily cause any to stumble.  WE have to be aware that we are compromising when we are, so that we can stop and be more mindful as we continue in our faith.
I have been really convicted recently about this matter.  Do you see what I am trying to draw for you?  The world is compromising its morals and its goodness to sin and death, and so are we?  Yes, we are.  We need to turn this around if we can.

3 comments:

  1. I get a very refreshed feeling to see someone else passionate about their faith, and concerned for the faith of others. Just thought I would let you know this made an impact on me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting and for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. So many times we draw the line at certain things, but then we comprimise with the world, and move our line a little further onto the world's side. This keeps happening and eventually, we have no moral convictions. We are apart of this world. We have to remember that we must not compromise with this world.

    Thank you so much for the encouragement!(:

    In Christ,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete