Saturday, December 10, 2011

God Gave me Peace :)

Today I went to take the ACT test and all I wanted was not to be stressed about it.  I didn't even care if I bombed it!  I just wanted to feel confident about it.  I started praying about it a week before, I asked that God would give me peace.

If you know me, you would guess that I would be stressed, hyper, and worried about the test.  I all honesty I thought I would be!  But I gave it all over to God, I said, "Lord, you gave me these brains for a reason and I am going to use them to the best of my ability today.  But Lord, I can't control weather I throw up from nervousness...so please let me be completely and totally calm."

We got there (TTU) at 8:00 AM and there were around 60 teens there.  Most of them were high school seniors.  I found my friend Caroline and we were filed into a room where the people that were taking the writing portion of the ACT (which is optional) waited to go to the testing class room.  There were very few, around 15 who were taking the writing.  Yay!!  I thought.  It was fine :)  My stomach was not churning and I was not worried about being around the other students.  All the other students looked terrified or somber.  None of them smiled.  I thought to myself,  Huh, huh!  Is this death row or something?  I burst out laughing in front of the small group and every one looked at me like I was crazy,  I don't know, maybe I am! But it was so darned funny at the time.  I think I was the only bright faced person in the crowd.  I don't know what had lifted my spirits, or what could have other than God!

I finished the test with a nod and a smile!  God helped me get through it.  If God had not been there giving me peace, I would have been nervous enough not to take the test.

2 comments: