Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What is Devotion?

He gave His life for ours

          This question came to me today as I sat and thought about my relationship with Christ. I thought about how much He has done for me and how little I have done for him. He stooped to our level in order to love and devote His life to us, so much so that He died for us.

          The picture of a young man hanging on a bloody cross is the very picture of devotion.

          I sit and think about how "devoted" I am in my life. I'm not exactly as devoted as I want to be. I would like to be devoted to my family, friends, and most of all, to Christ. I can see where my relationship with Christ would be 99.9% better if I would try my utmost to devote my life to Him. It seems like a cliche matter, but it is serious.

         There is no way that we can devote ourselves as Jesus did, but we can try. There is nothing that should (or can) stop us from trying to be like Jesus.

         Take a moment today and think about what devotion really means and how (if played out in your life) it could change your world.

          If anyone has more thoughts on devotion and what it means, please, do comment!

Yours Truly,

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment