Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Stay at home?

          I have been going through a book called "Joyfully at home" with a group of friends. A friend of mine is leading the discussion, I am so thankful that she was led to start the study.

          We have been talking about stay at home daughter hood. You may be thinking ...ok so...well it is very interesting to examine the thought process behind staying at home as a daughter. Is it because we wish to be lazy? Is it because we expect to be married ASAP? Is it because we are afraid to go out into the world? The answer to each of these questions is A resounding NO! My reasons for staying at home are biblical. I plan hope to be married some day, but I'm not out searching the streets for a potential mate, or waiting at home for him to ride in on his white horse. I know that God has a plan for me and He also has a man for me (if He desires that I should be married). Why should I wait around for him if I can be keeping busy doing what God wants for me?
          One thing that God has for me is to serve my father while I am still under his roof. I can still go out into the world and be myself, and still ask advice and be led by my loving father. I am so blessed to have the dad that I do. I understand that many of you may not have the earthy influence that a dad can bring. Pray that God would lead you in his footsteps :)
          I guess I just wanted to share this to let y'all know what I have been up to, and to see what your thoughts on the subject are.

Love,

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment