Thursday, May 9, 2013

Perseverance and Pride

          "I fear that I might never change, that the ones I love will turn away from me before I have a chance to better this pride shattered heart of mine." - Rachel (Journal entry 5/9/13)

          Do you ever feel this way? Do you ever feel that your sins are next to hopeless? That no matter how strong you try to be, you always fall once you come to the tightrope of Pride? I am feeling a little like this.

           Somehow I managed to make both my sister and one of my brothers upset with me this morning. I realize that the blame falls on my shoulders, after a long bloody battle with Pride, that is. I have yet to ask forgiveness, but I know it is called for and that my heart wouldn't allow me to go on as-is.

          Pride is a beast that can easily choke out poor Humility, Joy, and Peace. It has a terrible way of preying upon one's weaknesses. Please, my friends, don't allow this beast into your heart in the first place, for Pride will waste and ravage what you hold dear. 

          Call upon Christ when you see the battle at hand, for alone you cannot hope to gain victory.

          There is hope friends :) there is always hope, He is calling your name, beckoning you to the foot of the cross.

Persevere,

~ Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment