Monday, November 28, 2011

Gettign what we didn't want for Christmas...What??????

Christmas is coming.  What do you think?  What was the greatest gift that you were ever given?  What do you want?

There are lots of things that I can think of that I want, but I really don't need most of what I want.  Isn't that how it goes lots of the time?  I think so.  Well it didn't go that way with Jesus.  We didn't want him, we didn't think we needed him, and we rejected him to the point of crucifying him on a tree.  See, we got what we needed dearly for Christmas, yet we didn't recognize a gift in a form of a baby from heaven.  If we can't tell what we need when it is sent to us from heaven, how can we trust that our God loves and cares for us?

I'm not saying that everyone thinks in this manor.  Neither am I saying that you are a bad person if you do.  I just want to provoke thought in a place where it is desperately needed.

7 comments:

  1. Hello there!! Thank you so much for following my blog!! I LOVE new followers!!!
    Your blog is really neat! Seriously?! You are a quadruplet?!?!? WOW! That is SO cool! What does it feel like having three other siblings that look like you and are your age?! I bet really cool!! Haha!
    How old are you by the way! I'm 14 :)
    Can't wait to read your blog!!!
    God bless!!

    A Servant 4 Christ,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You should come check out my two other blogs!!! ;D Here is the links:
    http://thewondersofchrist.blogspot.com/
    and the other link:
    http://thejourneyofthe-girlslife.blogspot.com/

    God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more P.S. :) Haha! I keep thinking of something else to say!! Haha!
    That is SO cool you write stories too! And have written a novel!! I LOVE writing stories!! I have written three novels (have not published them yet) and am finishing my next novel!!! :)
    So I thought that was pretty cool you have written a novel too!

    Oh and one more thing! Do you write music?! I enjoy writing christian music! And wondered if you write music?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Yes I am a quadruplet :) It is allot of fun, yet ya know...it is all I have ever known so it is hard to imagine what it would be like any other way. Ya know? Out birthday is on the same day and everything, it is fun :) We are turning 16 this December :) Sweet 16 right? I enjoy writing allot. What are your stories about? Why haven't you tried to publish them?

    I am sorry to have to tell you that I don't have a musical bone in my whole body!!! I like music allot! But I cant seen to play it. Or write it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I bet it is interesting having three siblings with the same birthday and stuff :)
    That is cool your birthdays are in December!! It's coming up!! :) My sister's b-day is in December too!!! Are you excited to turn 16?!

    I like to write all kinds of stories. They are all spiritual stories! Like where the main character has something he or she needs to work through and when they look to God for help they start finding themselves grow closer to God.
    But yeah I write all kinds of stories :) What do you write about?! :)
    Oh that's okay you are not very musical!!! :)
    God has given you gifts in other places!!! Like writing!!! :D
    God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I'm excited about turning 16!!! Your stories sound allot like mine! I write allegorical fiction paralleling the Bible. God bless as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete