Saturday, November 26, 2011

Don't condemn them

Look around you and see that there are people out there that seem weird.  Yeah, I know that you know what I'm talking about!!!  We all know somebody that is weird.  Gosh, my whole family is odd!!!...Wow, I got off topic here.  OK, what I was saying before I got off on a rabbit trail was that we have seen odd people.  We have looked and seen people that don't act, dress, or walk like us.  We know that everyone is different.  Do you judge them?  I sometimes do.  I may look at a young lady who is my age (16) or younger that is pregnant and think,  wow, she got in big trouble!!!  She's probably not even out of high-school.  It's hard sometimes to look at someone different than you and not judge them isn't it?  Yeah!!!  Well,  learned really fast that condemning a person doesn't help you, and it doesn't help them.

I went to public school in 9th grade (I'm back to homeschooling).  I say, heard, and learned things that I didn't even know about.  By the time the year was up I was burning to get out of there!  But...I did meat this one girl that has and will forever impact my life.  Her is a mental picture of her:

Average height with mouse brown hair.  A thin form and greenish blue eyes that had to much eyeliner you couldn't see how pretty they would have been without it.  She was a person that I tried to avoid when I first started out. She swore like a sailor!! I though that she meant bad luck.   Well, I got to know her and she opened up.  Even though she seemed to hang out with a shady crowd, I knew that there was something about her that made her more willing to listen to what i had to say about Christ.

I stayed away from most of her friends and advised her not to hang out with them so much. She talked her heart out to me and my sister.  She told us things that she didn't tell anyone else.  She slowly stopped swearing around us and even around her friends.  God was starting to work in her I would think.

A while into the school year she got suspended and was not in school for the rest of the year.  I cried myself to sleep thinking about what she could have done to get suspended so long.  I thought that she was changing, I would think to myself.  I wanted to be there for her so that she could tell me what was going on.  I wanted to help.

A week before we left to Tennessee for good she called.  She told me everything.  I am not going to tell you what happened for her sake.  But it left her very hurt and shamed.  She is depressed often now and I so wish that I could see her.  She was upset that we couldn't see each other before our family moved out.

I am still praying that I will see her someday.  We are in contact she calls ever few weeks to check in on us.  I want you to pray for her with me.  Pray that God captures her heart!!!

She taught ME how to see people for who they could be, not who they seem to be.  SHE taught me how to look at a person and smile because sometimes them need it.  She showed me love for someone I don't even know.  She helped me become a better person.

Don't look at a person and judge them.  Think about who they could be with Christ in their hearts.  Think about the back ground some of these poor people come from.  Look and love them for who they are :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment