Saturday, November 3, 2012

Election Day Comes

     The dreaded day approaches.  A day of excitement, anticipation, and horror.  A time for votes, cheers, and butterfly stomachs.  One will come out on top.  The other will slowly meld into the crowd, the faces of every day life.  One will endeavor to save this nation.  One will stop at nothing to bring it to its knees.  One will be victorious whether in a true sense or a dictating one.  The other will  be shaken by the thought of how his nation will not be what it once was. 
     I dread.  It is what has to be said.  I am afraid.  It is what is true.  Why?  Because I see before I am supposed to see.  It is because I feel before I am supposed to feel.  The United States of America is going down.  The question is:  Which president will try to stop it?  I think that most of you know the answer to this question.  Maybe you don't.  I feel like this land is suppressed by a people, by and evil, by something.  Like it is going to burst forth any day now, and God will show his justice to those who deserve it.  The Devil is the prince of this earth and I have a feeling that he is very excited about this Election.
     It is the most violent campaigns I have ever lived through.  You see all the threats?  Primarily from the Obama party. Satan sure knows how to divide a Nation! He is dividing the peoples.  The Bible says, "A house that is divided falls", does a Nation that is divided fall?  A Nation that is fighting, pulling back and forth, threatening, and cheating, will fall.  Doesn't it strike you that people don't see this?  Why cant they see?  They have been blinded by their own reflection, technology, and lies.
    I know that S should not worry.  Christ holds even the smallest sparrow.  He holds me.  I pray that God would give me peace through this election and that he would bring peace to those who feel the way that i do.  I pray that God is able to show his glory no matter the outcome of this election.

2 comments:

  1. We're too young to vote, but that doesn't mean we can't join the nation in prayer. I too dread it, but I know that God is sovereign through it all. Praying for you and all of us this coming Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Prayer is all we can do at this point! The rest is up to God.

    ReplyDelete