Thursday, November 8, 2012

You Are More

     Sometimes we don't even see who we have become.  We don't look in the mirror.  We don't want to look at our reflection.  Really, most of the time it has nothing to do with how we "look".The way we look can be fake, created, molded, or whatever else you want to call it.  Our physical appearance can be a mask, covering up who we really are.  Or in some cases, it shows exactly who we are, good or bad. 
    
     To be honest, I am not real good at masquerading what I feel!  I guess it's just me!  Sometimes it's a bad thing (In my opinion).  I can't hold something inside for too long, I swear I'd burst!  Some of us are so good at putting on a smile, that everyone else thinks that we are the happiest people in the world.  Not good.  I'm not saying that if you are feeling particularly nasty that you should 'act' nasty!  I'm saying that sometimes it's better to let things go, talk, and vent your thoughts and feelings.  Don't bust!  It can get messy...trust me!

     To be perfectly honest.  There is a fine line that we can try to be balanced upon.  That is the Word of God.  There is no way that we can go on being the person that we think we look like, or the
"got it all together" act, without breaking down at some point.  There is an end to every rope except the one that can reach from heaven to pull you out of your mess.

JUST ASK.

DON'T MASK.

Ask God to bring things to the surface, to show you what needs to change.  Ask Him to place the mirror in front of your eyes so that you can see who it is that He has saved you from.  He has reached down to earth to save mankind, HE CAN SAVE YOU!

Ok, so who have you become?  Take a moment to identify what you think about yourself.  Do you see growth?  Do you see pride (Pride never fails does it!  Cunning pride, always tripping us!)?

Wow, so I have to confess!  Sometimes I break down.  Not because I am hiding something, or because I am not me.  I fall to pieces when I do not lean on Christ.  I blow up when I miss seeing the pools of blood that, really, blot out my sin and mistakes.  I run from myself, screaming for salvation...when I am trying to save myself, and run from myself...it doesn't work....does it?  Ok, be honest!  Really, does it?  Not really!!! :P

I fall into a pool of tears when I say something wrong and it seems like I can't do anything right.  When I am trying.  When I am crying. When I am striving...He sees it all.  I ask Him, why?  WHY?!

He has not said why.  Deep down he has placed the answer in my heart.  It is, "I am refining you.  Shaping you into who I created you to be.  I am showing you.  Teaching you.  Weeping over you, and molding you.  I am loving you.  Watching you.  Blessing you.  Showing you Me.  I do not wish you to suffer or fall away.  I want you to be strong and beautiful, without this Time of trial, you will not be my tool or a world changer.  Cast it all upon me..."


You may think, how can hating ones-self refine them????

Well, not exactly that.  It is the learning to lean on Christ that refines.  it is the searching and seeking, the prayer and weeping.  We cannot work and gain Christ on our own.  We must ask Him to help us. 

So, to wrap up this tangled mess of many thoughts, I will say this :  Look at your reflection.  Know who you are.  AND CHANGE.  Grasp Christ and hold on to the Words that he has given you.

Don't you ever give up hope!  Listen, don't give up :)  He loves you more than all of this.  Your are more.  I love you and I care about you.  Don't let go.  If you need prayer, please don't hesitate to email or comment on my blog asking for prayer.  I will pray for you.

This music video is really inspiring.  Please take a peak! :)

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtcwQwgdsA

No comments:

Post a Comment