Thursday, June 28, 2012

These Scars

        These scars were inflicted for you.  They were torn into my body that you may not carry the wounds of your own sin.  I was beaten beyond recognition, mocked to the point of extreme humiliation.  I was shamed and spit upon.  My back was lain open for the things I did not do.  My hands were pierced through so that I may hang from a cross because of the desires of man.  Willingly I was led to my death.  The most gruesome death in history; that you may live.  My Father turned from me, that you could see.  The world was upon my shoulders as I watched the Roman soldiers gamble for my clothes.  Greed yet gripped their hearts, but I cried, for they knew not what they were doing.
        I died that day.   I was lain in a tomb...
...Three days passed and then I rose again.  These scars in my hands, the raised lashes across my back...they are for you.  They are the bitter sweet memory of what I suffered for your sake.  I, Christ Jesus, the son of God and Man have died for you one death, I love you so much that I would die a thousand times to save your life once more.
       The reason why I tell you this is so that you may understand.  The one thing that can express the depth of my affection for you are These Scars.

 ~ Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment