Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sitting at my Window

I am sitting at my window...waiting...watching...hoping...praying...wanting something great to happen. Not really in the sense that most people would think of greatness, but in the sense of a small miracle. I just want to see the sun come out and smile at me. Or maybe watch as a happy old couple walk by holding hands. I want to hear birdsong and not the pattering of the rain. I want to see blue sky instead of gray.

I guess I want a lot of things...

The sun shouldn't have to shine in order to make me happy. I shouldn't have to see what I long to see or get what I want in order to be content, should I?

No.

When I sit at my window with a thousand thoughts swirling around in my head, I need to look through the gray and see the beauty behind it. I need to know the peace of God in the sound of the rain pattering down. Maybe He wants me to find joy there rather than in bird song. Maybe I need to look to the heavenly Son rather than the earthly sun that gets clouded over and drown out by the storms. Even in the storms I have a hope and a promise that Christ the Son of God will never stop shining. He is my light and my strength when I am weak.


 "He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distress, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong"
 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


I pray from the deepest, most feeling part of my heart asking that God would grant these words to be the words of truth that come from my lips. I want to be happy when all the world is crashing down around me. It isn't just about being happy either, it is about being completely satisfied and content in Christ, and in nothing else. 




Here I am, at my window looking out into the gray. Here He is, right next to me. He's got his arm around my shoulder and His pierced hand in his lap. 

My hand is folded in His and my head is laying on His shoulder...

I am right where I need to be. I am right where He wants me to be. I am being taken care of. I have nothing, absolutely nothing, to worry about. What more can I ask? What more do I need?

Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment