Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Learning to let go

 Students : Portrait of students having a test in a classroom
    Learning to let go. It's not easy but I plan to do it.  I wish I could say that I was a master at letting go.  I'm not.  That's why it is called letting go, right?  Because it isn't easy to do, yet some of us have got it down pretty well.  Letting go of my worries, pride, and stress.  It seems like it should be easy to say goodbye to these things!  I wish it were!  I worry about stuff that is way out of my reach!  Why?  I can tell ya, I'm placing my trust in myself, not in the all-knowing, all-caring, Creator who watches even over the sparrow.
     I have a midterm coming up tomorrow.  I'm stressed about it.  What can I do?  Nothing but study, right?  AND PRAY!  I don't wish that God just up and poofs a 100%, well.....(that would be nice...) but yeah, I want to feel like I earned it, but I also want God to help keep the peace inside of me and the stress out.  Not stress out, but you know what I mean! :P
     Anyways, I am trying to place it in Gods hands!  I am trying to lean on Him more than I ever have.  I want to get to the point where I don't care about picky little things that just distract me from seeing the beauty in things.  I want to be able to sit down and be with God without worrying about a paper I have to write.  I'm not saying I want to become lazy, I just want to be trusting in God.  Ya know what I mean?

~Rachel

1 comment:

  1. This song really has been a great reminder and help in letting go. It's never easy, but it's always rewarding. http://youtu.be/lSXWEBwh6Zc

    ReplyDelete