Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Inward Struggles

  
 Lone coconut tree on a islet in Leone Bay, sunset. Tutuila, American Samoa
Inward struggles have no qualms about fighting and tearing you up inside.  They do not regard what is going on in your life or how you feel. They are wild and nearly unmaintainable.  But, they can be tamed.  I have been wrestling with myself for weeks over some things in my life.  To be transparent with you guys I'm going to come out and tell you that I have struggled with pride (raise your hand if that's you?)...(Liar!)...sorry.  I know that pride is a common struggle.  But I have struggled with it all of my life.  Not only is pride a problem in my life but my words can often get me in trouble as well.
   I struggle often with not being loving to one of my brothers.  I know that it is wrong and that I should love even my enemies.  But he's not supposed to be my enemy.  I have been trying to let go of some of the things he says and i have been trying to keep my own slate clean.  It's hard when it seems that a particular person is always there goofing around or maybe just joking.  For some reason I take things from him allot more seriously that I should.  I know what God wants me to do.  He ask that I love him no matter what.  And don't get me wrong, it's not all him.  I get irritated and I say things that sink my hopes of being a loving sister.  I am a sinner as well and I am just as guilty as anyone who chooses to quarrel. If you guys could pray for me in my walk as I try to grow closer to God and closer to my family, that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment