Saturday, March 21, 2015

This is what I get? Really?

All I needed was to go to the bathroom, and what do I get? Really? Is that whole entire roll of toilet tissue honestly sitting in the public Kroger toilet? It was obviouse that someone did this on purpose. The seat was up so that the large 12" or so wide roll could be placed in the toilet to soak and get nasty. The plastic tissue dispencer was pried open. 

Outside the single stall bathroom I met two Girl Scouts coming out of the bathroom. I looked at them and asked if it was vacant (I also thought it was strange for the two girls to come out together...as the bathroom has only one toilet). The younger of the two said that it was and so I went in. And there it was. I couldn't help but feel upset that someone (possibly these girls) would do something like that to me. I immediately started personalizing the situation. 

I guess I feel entitled. I feel like everyone should like me, and why wouldn't they? Right? Aren't I special? Don't I deserve better? Can't be the one that everyone seems to adore? What's up with that look that woman gave me? Why did he just honk his horn at me? Why did that little girl tell me a lie?

Wow, this world is just so messed up isn't it?! No one seems to notice or care about me.

You know...that's okay! God has been working in my heart recently showing me these thoughts and feelings. He has been challenging me to think about things other than myself. I honestly don't deserve for anyone to like me. I don't even deserve to walk into a restroom that is to my liking! I have to always be reminding myself that this world isn't for me. Yes, I live here, but I am an alien here. I have a home waiting for me. I have a place where I will no longer feel estranged. Here on earth I am a servant and ambassador of Christ, nothing more and nothing less. What more could I ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment