Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Finding Contentment

Ahhh...sitting down to write again. It seems like I have neglected this poor blog, and you my dear readers! I hope you will have grace with me! These last few weeks have been interesting and crazy, to say the least.

Life in an apartment is different than I am used to, for sure. Back home in the country we only knew one neighbor and could hardly see his house. Now (I am ashamed to say) I don't know any of my numerous neighbors, and I can see all of their front doors.

The pace is different here as well. Everyone seems so hurried. Like there is something grand to be done, somewhere exquisite to go, or someone famous to visit. back home, no one seemed rushed. The pace was easy and "It'll get done when I get around to it." I miss many things about "back home", but it is also exciting to be a part of this new culture and city. I am a farm girl at heart, so even the city couldn't drag it out of me. A few months or years here will only allow that part of me to steep and grow stronger...I think(???). But if the "farm girl" does start to fade, I guess that is what God wanted. Hello city girl!!! Right? I might as well embrace it at some point if that is what He has!

I am content here. I think. I want to be content, and I think I feel content, but it is hard to tell at times. I want to always be happy where my Lord has me. I want to bloom here, where I have been planted.

I pray every day that God creates in me a heart that can deal with any living situation and still find joy in living in His world. I want to be able to glorify him through the little things as well as the big things. In my day-to-day walk I want to always be pointing to Him in some way or another. Isn't that why I was made? Isn't that why you were made?

Even in the busy and the noise, I pray that I can see His hand working and leading me onward. Doesn't He work in all situations, at all times? Is His almighty hand stayed because I live in a strange new city or because I am in a new chapter of life? Never. His plans are true and His hand is strong. He is the Grand Weaver, the Potter, the Molder and the Maker.

"Lord, let me never forget to praise your name for what You have done. Let me never forget Your promises. Let me always lean on thee when the storms come. Help me to be grounded in You always, for there is nothing else greater or more mighty to place my hope in. Bring peace and contentment as I endeavor to settle here in the city. Show me how I might glorify You to the fullest while I am here living in this little apartment. Allow me to bloom where I am planted and give You honor by doing so. Amen."

May we all learn what it means to rest in Christ. For if we rest in Him, there our hearts find
contentment. Contentment does not spring from any outside source but rather flows directly from the heart that has been saturated in Christ.

Blessings Always,
Rachel


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are blessed! It's a gift to be content. It seems no one is content. Nobody is happy with what they have, even if it's a little bit. Life isn't a grand upscale ride. You gotta love the little things as well. :)
    Have a beautiful day Rachel!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete