Thursday, May 22, 2014

Grace Like Rain

A storm went through this afternoon. The sky got dark and the rain pounded on the roof. A little hail came down as well. The storm wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, if you see what I am saying. I generally like thunderstorms and lightning. Both remind my of the power and majesty of our Creator.


I think the real treat came once the storm was ending. The sun burst out from behind the clouds and the rain continued to pour down, washing and replenishing the land. I couldn't help myself, I sprinted (barefoot) out into the driveway and twirled around, amazed by the beauty of the moment. The sun pierced through the sky and caused the rain to glisten as it fell. Grace. It is the only word that came to mind. It was like God's tangible way of showing me Grace. Sunshine and rain are like God's grace, bright and powerful, strong and true, cleansing and pure, glorious and merciful.


I think I got to see a little taste of heaven a few moments ago. It was beautiful!


~Rachel

1 comment: