Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bleak Hearts

Cast about as I may, the darkness still,
I fear to stay.
Weary soul and weak of mind,
They say the light, it once did shine.
Bleeding hands, broken bones,
Try to laugh, but only groans.
Beasts they stalk and rule the night,
The birds they dare not take to flight.
The trees, dead, parched and dry,
Can no one hear the sorrows cry?
Every wind that blows is bleak,
Tis not hope that I wish to seek.
For Hope has died, long years past.
Our land is gone, no home that lasts.
 Large HUGE tree painting cloud painting original painting landscape painting  earth tone bird sunset  48 x 24 Mattsart


This is a poem that I wrote when I was sitting on me bed doing devotions.  God has impressed this on me, almost like this is how so many of the lost in our generation feel.  It is sad, maybe even a little morbid, but It has slapped me in the face.  Can't you see the hopelessness that so many must feel?

If you are the person that recited that poem in your heart a hundred times before even reading it, I would love to pray for you!  I love you!  You are so much more than what other people see of you.  You are a being created for a purpose on this planet!  I love you and God loves you more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment