Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

    The 11th anniversary of one of America's greatest tragedies. I hardly ever remember things from when I was four and five years old, but one thing I remember as if it where yesterday is the falling of the twin towers.  I remember the television,  the billowing smoke coming from the World Trade Center, the tears in my parents eyes.
    I didn't realize how great the loss of life was back then.  All I knew was that my daddy was leaving to go help the Police there in New York City.  For months daddy was back and forth, not home for more than two or three days at a time.  It was hard being young, not knowing what was going on.  But being at the age that I am, I now see that my small loss was nothing in comparison to the tragedy that took place that dreadful day 11 years ago.   


When this photo was taken, there was still over an hour to go before American...





  9:30 a.m. : After breakfast, Karger took a short nap before being awakened by...

1 comment:

  1. So true... It's hard to believe that it's been that long. It really feels like only yesterday. Good post. :)

    ReplyDelete