Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lighthouse

 
    I'm feeling so run down. I feel like I've been through battle and I'm wounded, bloodied, and beaten. Ever feel that way? I'm physically tired, I don't want to have to think, I don't want to have to deal with anyone, I'm just plain irritable.  It's horrible.  I get upset about little things, and am offended when someone brings my attitude to attention.
    [Shaking my head with a weary smile]  It's alright. God's got his hands around me, under me, over me, and before me. I know that my ugly state will pass with prayer and possibly, a better day. There is hope.  There is ALWAYS hope. I think about how God created me. He put the light in me! It is wonderful to think about is it not?
    When I am irritable, I'm not letting any of Christ's fire shine through.  I suppress it, hide it, and horde it.  God didn't mean for us to do so, he wants us to show the world no matter how WE feel.You are a lighthouse, you have the fire burning deep in your chest.  You shine forth in the darkness.  Through the storms you are lit to guide the way. When battered vessels are about to crash into the rocks, you show them the way.  Through your light they gain a greater prize; their lives and the life of the One who died, Christ. When your fire burns out, others cannot see you, nor can they see the crashing waves plummeting against the cliffs.
    I know that I have been wrong to act the way that I have the last few days. I want my light to shine out over the dark waters. I want to be an example of the Love who came and loved me first. I want to be the 'lighthouse' that God created me to be.

Light and Love,

~Rachel

   

No comments:

Post a Comment