Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pray For Poland

Belarus, Poland

Often considered the last surviving dictatorship in Europe, the government allows almost no political opposition. The Orthodox Church is the only officially recognized denomination. Unregistered religious activity can result in imprisonment or heavy fines. Unregistered churches are monitored by the secret police and violent raids occur frequently. Because the numbers of evangelical and Pentecostal Christians is growing, persecution is intensifying. Two leaders of the Belarusian Christian Democratic party were sentenced to labor camp in 2011, but were later freed. Another was imprisoned and subjected to psychological torture - World Watch List on Open doors.com

Belarusian Flag

Pray:
  • For courage and perseverance for pastors whose churches are being monitored.
  • For a breakthrough for churches who have been trying for many years to register.
  • Praise God that the church is growing. Pray for a change in the government’s attitude to Christianity.
This was a sight that I found after reading an AMAZING book called GOD"S SMUGGLER, about a Dutch missionary to Germany.  The book inspired me to look into missions and such...I figured that If I cant GO to Poland, Ireland, Germany, etc.  Then I will pray for those who can go.  :)  I love and respect every missionary with a heart to step into danger and be a true ambassador for the Kingdom!  I love every person on this earth, I want you to know that, but I really want people to see that there is compassion and love, God is up there :)

Please, please, please, pray with me on this subject!  I want to start by praying for Poland.

NOTE:  If you can point other people to my blog or tell them about this, I would be overjoyed!  I want to have 100 known people praying for this, and more! :)  The more the better.  God can do great things!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us, Rachel. You encourage me so much by your compassion and servant's heart! :)
    I will be praying for Poland!

    ReplyDelete